The Elder Scrolls: Legends 2.11 Patch Notes
The latest version of The Elder Scrolls: Legends is live! This release brings Dragons, Khajiit, Necromancy and over 75 news cards for our Moons of Elsweyr expansion!
Moons of Elsweyr has arrived!
The Khajiit homeland, Elsweyr, is being ravaged: necromancers have arisen, dragons have been unsealed, and Euraxia Tharn holds Rimmen and calls herself Queen. Do what you must to survive in our latest card pack expansion featuring:
- 77 new collectible cards.
- Two new gameplay mechanics.
- A brand new playmat.
- Four new musical tracks written specifically for The Elder Scrolls: Legends.
- A new Main Menu background featuring the Moon Gate.
- 15 new titles.
- 12 new daily quests with a special introductory questline featuring Razum-Dar.
- Three new card backs.
- Consume: Harness the power of necromancy and Consume the corpses of your creatures for personal gain. Consume allows you to remove a card in your discard pile to get a bonus effect.
- Wax and Wane: Khajiit are heavily influenced by the moon-phases of Jone and Jode, and some Khajiit exhibit different abilities as the moons wax and wane. The effect you get from Wax/Wane cards alternates each turn: Wax on odd turns, Wane on even turns.
The following cards have received balance changes: Transitus Shrine, Disciple of Namira, Lillandril Hexmage, Cast Into Time, Hlaalu Oathman, Falkreath Defiler, Archer’s Gambit, Namira’s Shrine, and Dawnbreaker. The next time you log in to Legends (within the next three weeks), we will credit your account with Soul Gems for each copy of a changed card you own (up to three). Details on the changes and explanations behind them are available here.
Animation, Visual and Audio Effects
- Speed and timing tweaks have been made to the following animations: Card attack, drawing a Double card, cards drawn from Salvage, summoning a Legendary card, Last Gasp’s VFX, Sword of the Inferno, Icy Shambles, Crushing Blow’s VFX, Fireball, Pilfer, gaining a Keyword’s VFX, and Drain’s VFX.
- Fixed an issue where a faint outline of a card’s Guard mesh would render before the Guard card flipped over to the playmat.
- Dark Anchor has been given a new Summon VFX.
- Items equipped by the Plunder lane are now properly displayed to the player before they become equipped to the creature.
- Cards in hand no longer display hinting blue glow during the opponent's turn.
- The health gain VFX for Necromancer's Amulet and Bruma Profiteer now show the total health gained instead of separate +1 health gains.
- Creatures triggered by Prophecy now properly display the +1/+1 buff from Gates of Madness.
- Encumbered Explorer’s chain VFX now properly animates from the location of the card.
- Legendary Packs now have their own unique VFX when lifting them off the scroll during pack opening.
- Dawnfang’s VFX now appears at the center of the playmat when the opponent slays with it, instead of incorrectly offscreen.
- When a player attempts to heal while their opponent has False Incarnate in play, the False Incarnate card now flashes red and a red “X” appears over the player’s avatar.
- Camoran Scout Leader now strong hints in the players hand when there is a wounded enemy creature in each lane.
- Fixed an issue that caused square-shaped compression artifacts on some Premium card FX.
- Packs now have SFX for when they animate to the desk in the pack opening screen.
- There is a new SFX when Guard is triggered on a card.
- The missing card flipping SFX has been fixed.
- Solo and Versus Arena have been updated to include Moons of Elsweyr, with cards from the most recent two expansions appearing at increased rates (4x for Moons of Elsweyr, and 3x for Alliance War).
- Ice Storm, Fire Storm, Burn and Pillage, Flame Blast, Traitor’s Flame, and The Red Year can no longer be played to the board if Mage Slayer is the only creature in play.
- High King Emeric’s summon ability damage now properly updates during the player’s turn if the number of friendly Wards is lowered before his summon is triggered again.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Abnur Tharn from copying the Summon ability of Archcanon Saryoni.
- Spear of Embers and Mobilize items with Prophecy will now correctly receive a keyword when played from a Prophecy rune break while Arcane Enchanter is in play.
- A Guildsworn Honeytongue using its effect to move itself into the Shadow Lane at the end of the player's turn will now properly gain Cover. It will then immediately lose that Cover because it becomes the Opponent's turn, who now controls the Guildsworn Honeytongue.
- A Dwarven Colossus copied by Wispmother no longer displays as being linked to additional power spheres.
- The loading screen now properly waits until all assets on the playmat are loaded.
- Cards that are queued up to be played from the player’s hand but have not yet hit the playmat before the turn timer ends, will now re-enter the player’s hand instead of becoming stuck on screen/unplayable.
- Certain low spec mobile devices will no longer crash when quickly scrolling through the cards in the Collections menu or quickly drafting cards in the Arena.
- Fixed an issue on low end mobile devices that caused multiple elements to look blurry and low-res.
- Hovering over or tap-holding your Magicka counter now displays your Turn Counter, which is used to determine your Wax or Wane.
- Fixed an issue related to the Main Menu partially rendering on some mobile devices.
- Channeled Storm now properly displays the correct empowered value when selected.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the chat keyboard to appear on mobile whenever the player tapped on a friend in their friend’s list.
- Hovering over each player’s deck now displays the deck/hand count tool tip.
- Item hangers now display the attribute icon of the item equipped, making it easier to determine which attributes are in play.
- The Steam icon for The Elder Scrolls: Legends is now the proper resolution.
- Fixed an issue that was displaying incorrect Collection stat percentages when looking at a friend’s profile.
- Multiple UI elements are no longer obscured by the iPhone X's notch.
- Banished cards now have their own icon in the Play History.
- The Play History now properly shows Hit and Run as the root card for all cards discarded from hand.
- Squish the Wimpy now has a consistent Play History entry which shows the creatures that fought or died within the Squish the Wimpy entry itself, instead of separately.
- The Play History for A Night to Remember no longer displays the creature taking damage, and only displays the Shackle overlay.
- When an equipped creature is transformed, the item they were equipped with no longer appears in the Play History.
- The Play History entry for the Fork of Horripilation, Dawnfang, Daedric Crescent, and Naryu Virian are now all separate entries and are not combined into any single History entry when Slaying a creature when combined with other effects.
- The summon ability of Bringer of Nightmares no longer shows the targeted creature as dying in the Play History.
- Cards destroyed by Malefic Wreath and Allena Benoch now properly display a skull in the Play History.
- Cards revealed or discarded in play by Merchant's Camel no longer have overlapping text and descriptor boxes.
- Triple digit values now properly display on one line in the Play History.
- The dynamic buffs for Stealer of Secrets and Flesh Atronach now display correctly when copied/transformed into, or viewed in the discard/deck pile.
- For iOS devices, the Elder Scrolls: Legends logo that displays before the loading screen is now better formatted to fit the screen.
- Players are now able to type in the amount of packs they wish to purchase in the Store, limited to the amount of Gold they currently have.
- Arena will now award Moons of Elsweyr packs as a base reward. Additional packs earned no longer have a chance to be Morrowind packs.
- Three-win victory rewards updated to grant cards from Moons of Elsweyr instead of Alliance War.