The Elder Scrolls: Legends 2.9 Patch Notes
The latest version of The Elder Scrolls: Legends is live! This release brings with it our highly anticipated Alliance War expansion with over 100 new cards!
Alliance War is Here!
The Alliances are at war and the Ruby Throne sits empty. It’s time to battle for the Empire in our latest card pack expansion featuring:
- 104 new collectible cards
- Four new gameplay mechanics
- Five new three-attribute combinations: Ebonheart Pact, Daggerfall Covenant, Aldmeri Dominion, The Guildsworn, and The Empire of Cyrodiil
- A brand new playmat
- Four new musical tracks written specifically for The Elder Scrolls: Legends
- A new Main Menu background featuring the Ruby Throne
- 17 new titles
- 22 new quests
- Six new card backs
- Empower: When your opponent takes damage, actions with Empower increase in effect for the turn.
- Expertise: At the end of your turn, if you played an action, item, or support, creatures with Expertise get a bonus effect.
- Mobilize: You can play an item with Mobilize to an empty lane. When you do, summon a 1/1 Recruit and equip the item to it.
- Veteran: After a creature with Veteran first attacks and survives, get a bonus effect.
The Alliance War comes to Arena! The class selection choices will always include at least one three-attribute Alliance, cards from Alliance War and Isle of Madness appear at a much higher frequency, and we have updated the list of cards that are curated out of Arena. More details on the Arena updates are available here.
Animation, Visual and Audio Effects
- We have refactored the way cards, that create or summon two or more of the same card, animate to the board, highly increasing their speed and fluidity. The following cards have been adjusted to take advantage of this new code:
o A Land Divided
o Bone Colossus
o Dwarven Colossus
o Galyn the Shelterer
o Giant Chicken
o Imperial Reinforcements
o Nest of Vipers
o Prized Chicken
o Prophet of Bones
o Spider Daedra
o Ungolim the Listener
- Mentor’s Ring, Queen Berenziah, and Lion Guard Strategist now deliver multiple duplicate keywords at the same time.
- Bruma Armorer now delivers its buff to multiple cards at the same time.
- Supreme Atromancer and Soul Split animations now trigger faster.
- The transition animation of dragging a card from hand to playmat has been greatly improved, removing the large card pop seen especially on mobile clients.
- The mulligan-to-hand animation has been smoothed out.
- Packs no longer clip into the table surface if dragged and released at the bottom of the screen.
- Thieves Guild Fence no longer plays a buff VFX when a card is drawn.
- The Murkwater Scourge Premium card art FX has been fixed.
- Fixed the premium FX for Twin Lamps Consul.
- Fixed a shader issue that was hiding part of Edict of Azura’s VFX.
- Fixed an issue that caused an errant flash FX to play when certain cards equipped items in game.
- All musical playlists have been re-ordered to ensure the correct tracks play in the correct locations.
- Aldora the Daring, Mistveil Warden, Ratway Prospector, Relic Hunter, Ruin Archaeologist, Ruthless Freebooter, and Scroll Seeker now all properly play their unique Treasure Hunt success VO.
- Moonmoth Castellan no longer plays both of its summon VO lines when summoned by another card, triggering its Plot effect.
- Cornerclub Gambler and Ash Berserker’s ability activation SFXs now properly play every time they are activated.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the pack opening hover SFX to continually play when not hovering over a card, even in other menus.
- Embassy Guard’s card VO has now been restored.
- Sails-Through-Storms and Ruthless Freebooter now have their correct Italian VO instead of Spanish, while the game is set to Italian.
- The last batch of cards with cutoff localized VO has been fixed.
- Jarl Balgruuf now summons a Kvatch Soldier instead of a Colovian Trooper.
- Wrath of Sithis no longer affects the cost of cards in deck.
- Vigilant Ancestor’s permanent shackle has been switched over to an aura effect. This means Dres Renegade will remove the shackle while on the board but the shackle will return when Dres Renegade leaves.
- Items stolen by Arenthia Swindler now count as being Equipped for purposes of effects like Gardener of Swords.
- Black Marsh Warden now summons a neutral Recruit.
- Cards drawn off a Prophecy rune break will now be properly buffed by Gates of Madness.
- Pilfer and Slay effects given to creatures through items no longer persist after the creatures "disappear" and then "return", from cards like A Night to Remember.
- Manic Mutation can no longer be played on creatures with every keyword.
- Blood Pact Messenger will now properly draw two cards if it traded with and killed a creature while Skooma Underboss is in play.
- Fixed an issue that was allowing Gardener’s Harvest to transform itself into the item it already was at the end of the turn.
- Gardener's Harvest will now properly transform at the end of the turn if it was obtained by Flesh Sculpture transforming the player's hand.
- Balmora Puppeteer will now receive +1/+1 if a card summoning her is also the same card that would activate her Plot ability that turn.
- Casting Arrest on a creature shackled by Prison Ship will no longer remove the shackle.
- Reducing a card's cost with the Surplus Lane will now increment quests that require the player to reduce the cost of cards.
- Swims-at-Night will no longer get buffed when the player plays a 0-cost card with an increased cost to unsummon the creature causing the cost to be increased.
- High King Emeric's damage effect will now function properly and take into consideration all friendly wards in play after he is created via transformation.
- Items that give cover will no longer increment quests that require cover, if the creature being given the item was already in cover.
- The Mechanical Heart will now instantly trigger if summoned while the player is at or below 0 health, due to Vivec preventing death.
- Berserker of the Pale will now properly buff Doomfang Ally and Servant of Dagoth when their own summon effects buff themselves and put them in range of Berserker of the Pale's effect.
- Fixed an issue that was allowing Two-Moons Contemplation to trigger before Blighted Werebat or Stormcloak Camp could deal their damage.
- The Android mobile client now contains all game data within the initial app download. After the 1.5 GB app is downloaded and opened, it will appear to download a full set of 1100+ bundles, but this is just the process of cleaning up the bundles that are no longer needed on the user's device. This will affect all Android users, allowing new players to download the entire game in the background instead of requiring the app to remain open for the duration.
- Permanent shackle VFX no longer cover the cost counters of Haskill or Seducer Darkfire.
- Keywords re-applied after being removed/stolen are now immediately granted both visually and mechanically.
- The Guard keyword on Skinned Hound is now bolded and consistent with Guard on other cards.
- The Slay and Pilfer icons no longer persist on creatures that were given Crusader's Assault while Skooma Underboss and Master of Thieves are in play.
- Stendarr's Hammer will now display buffs in its card description.
- Actions that have had their cost reduced by Morag Tong Nightblade's slay ability now receive an appropriate tooltip when hovering over the card.
- The entire UI has been re-colored and stylized, in preparation for a larger UX overhaul coming in the future.
- Fixed an issue that was causing chat messages on mobile to overlap each other, becoming impossible to read.
- It is now possible to view your discard pile when minimizing the “Choose a card” prompt associated with Merchant’s Camel, Shadowmarking, and Mudcrab Merchant.
- Abomination creatures no longer lose their name or text description when destroyed and sent to the discard pile.
- The Match History now displays attribute icons in the correct order for every match.
- Card rewards no longer display as a white box or texture map on the Daily Rewards preview window.
- Murkwater Scourge's art is now properly positioned in Deck view.
- The collision boxes for all 8 emotes have been enlarged, removing all dead space between each choice.
- The "All Items Owned" text no longer extends beyond the border in any language.
- The loading screen tip box now shows tips the moment the screen is visible.
- The “Kicked by Player” message prompt now has an OK button.
- The alternate art for Lightning Bolt is now correctly labeled as “Grand Melee – December 2017” in the Collection.
- The alternate art for Morkul Gatekeeper is now correctly labeled as “Grand Melee – May 2018” in the Collection.
- Fixed an issue that was temporarily displaying the player’s card back as the default one at the beginning of every match.
- The “New” icon for newly obtained cards is now more visible with a different color treatment.
- Bangkorai Butcher's card text now contains the word "Orc" in Portuguese.
- Soul Tear no longer lists all levels of the shout in the card text in Polish and Portuguese.
- Versus Arena will now award Alliance War packs as a base reward. Additional packs earned no longer have a chance to be Skyrim packs.
- Three-win victory rewards updated to grant cards from Alliance War instead of Morrowind.