The Elder Scrolls: Legends 2.8 Patch Notes
The latest version of The Elder Scrolls: Legends is live! This patch includes balance changes and the new and improved Edict of Azura VFX!
In our continued efforts to make playing The Elder Scrolls: Legends as fun as possible, we are making balance changes to Siege Catapult, Indoril Mastermind and Sword of the Inferno. The next time you log in to Legends (within the next three weeks), we will credit your account with Soul Gems for each copy of an affected card you own (up to three). An explanation behind the changes is available here.
- Siege Catapult: Now 4/4
- Indoril Mastermind’s Summon effect is now: “Summon: Draw a card.”
- Creatures destroying themselves will no longer trigger their Slay effects.
Animation, Visual and Audio Effects
- Edict of Azura now has a new VFX for its summon ability.
- Mighty Conjuring’s premium card FX has been fixed.
- Creatures that have their stats lowered will no longer display the lowered number before the debuff VFX animates to the target card.
- The VFX position for The Red Year has been properly aligned when the card is used by the opponent.
- Mudcrab Anklesnapper’s VFX no longer pops during the beginning of the animation.
- Equipping an animated Legion Shield will no longer prematurely show a partial guard border around the card before it applies its effect to the target card on the playmat.
- Cards summoned or drawn into hand by a creature with guard no longer display the guard aura VFX when summoned or drawn.
- “Kill the Messenger” support will no longer trigger a card’s destroying VFX animation when they pilfer the opponent.
- When Drive Mad is played on a card, both cards will no longer display any text during the VFX animation.
- The Core Classics alternate art card now properly play their VO lines.
- The post-match dialogue of The Other Half, from The Shivering Isles, Episode 1 of Isle of Madness is no longer missing Talym’s VO for the second half of his Sheogorath comment.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the hover-over SFX for packs to disappear at times.
- Treasury Guards and Elite Treasury Guards have new VO.
- Green Pact Ambusher has been given a cheeky new summon VO.
- Multiple cards with cutoff localized VO have been fixed. More fixes coming in Patch 2.9.
- Bedeviling Scamp will no longer become invincible when Sentinel Battlemace applies its ward.
- When an opponent has Bolvyn Venim in their deck and rallies with no creatures in hand, triggering Bolvyn Venim's ability, it will now draw face up into their hand for both players to see.
- The wielder’s state will now be considered when targeting effects like Quicksilver Crossbow and Sword of the Inferno. This means that enemy cliff creatures and dragons will no longer be able to target Grandmaster Delphine and Saint Jiub with these effects. Friendly cliff creatures and dragons will still be able to target them.
- In the Isle Of Madness scenario Darkened Grove, cards in hand will no longer have their Magicka costs changed when receiving buffs.
- Added the Atronach type to Fetcherfly Golem.
- Fixed an issue where Manic Jack did not properly receive a +1/+1 buff when gaining a keyword while being drawn.
- The opponent's card discarded by Cornerclub Gambler is now properly shown to the player on-screen.
- While the discard pile is open, summoning Skeletal Dragon will now show the buffs on the creatures it affects without having to close and re-open the discard pile.
- We are happy to report that the missing Friends List bug has been resolved! All players suffering from this issue should have their Friends List restored. This fix was performed by Bethesda.net and does not require patch 2.8.
- An on/off toggle for displaying subtitles has been added to the options menu.
- Class/House names have been added to the tooltip when hovering over the attribute icons per player in-match.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes add the Dementia Lane icon to a lane that gained the Mania icon from playing a card such as Ulfric’s Uprising to trigger the summon abilities of both Thadon, Duke of Mania and Syl, Duchess of Dementia.
- Card backs now properly display in the correct order during filtering.
- Naryu Virian’s Slay aura now puts a hanger on the buffed card.
- All Atronachs will now display Atronach as an additional creature type.
- Training Grounds now displays the Ongoing banner.
- The Reward Calendar will now display the green checkmark on the current day’s reward after the user clicks the Claim button.