New Story: Return to Clockwork City
Millennia ago, the tinkerer god Sotha Sil built himself a hidden sanctuary, from which to shape his vision of the future. He called it the Clockwork City, and it was there that he died, when a fellow god betrayed and murdered him. What secrets died with him? What was he building in those gleaming halls? In the centuries since, no mortal has entered the city. Until now.
In Return to Clockwork City, collect full playsets of 58 new cards by playing through 35 exciting story missions across three acts. With these cards, you can search for lost treasure, construct steam-powered wonders, or channel your inner mad scientist to create strange mechanical abominations.
Completing the story on Master difficulty will also award the player with an exclusive premium alternate art copy of Swims-at-Night.
If you haven’t already pre-purchased Return to Clockwork City, you can begin the story in two ways:
- Triple Bundle: Get all three acts and all the new Return to Clockwork City content for $19.99, plus an exclusive premium alternate art version of Laaneth.
- Single Acts: Play through the first act for $7.99 or 1,000 in-game Gold. After you complete the first act, the second and third acts become available for purchase for the same price.
Return to Clockwork City cards have been added in Arena modes and they will appear at an increased frequency for a limited time. Neutral cards will also show up at a higher rate to better support Clockwork themes.
Solo Arena, Versus Arena, and Chaos Arena ranks will reset:
- Rank 1: Lowered by 3 ranks.
- Ranks 2-4: Lowered by 2 ranks.
- Ranks 5-6: Lowered by 1 rank.
Solo Arena Only
- New decks have been added featuring Clockwork themes.
- Many existing decks have been modified with the intent of lowering difficulty and/or including Clockwork cards.
Creatures with Multiple Types
Creatures can now have multiple creature types. For creatures with more than one type, a “+” appears in the type line, and they have a hanger listing what those additional types are. We’ve added a type to several existing cards:
- Legate Rikke is an Imperial in addition to Nord.
- Skeletal Dragon is appropriately both a Skeleton and a Dragon.
- Barbas is a Daedra, a Beast, and a good boy.
- Sovngarde Hero is finally getting into the spirit of Sovngarde, gaining the Spirit type in addition to Nord.
User Interface Changes
- Added 4 new Clockwork City-themed playmat backgrounds, 3 new Dark Brotherhood-themed playmat backgrounds, and 2 new Skyrim-themed playmat backgrounds.
- Added a “Retry” button to the Options menu during story games. Clicking this causes you to concede the current game and immediately play again.
- Added a connection quality indicator that displays when experiencing a poor / failing internet connection.
- Story dialogues in with multiple speakers in Fall of the Dark Brotherhood and Return to Clockwork City will now automatically progress once one speaker’s voice over is complete (previously, users needed to press “Continue” after each speaker).
- “Time Is Running Out” now has unique VFX
- Cards with the “Battle” mechanic now use unique animation
- Numerous new VFX created to support Clockwork City content
- 12 new titles added related to Clockwork City cards and story content
- Titles and quests will not progress during “memory” story missions. These special puzzle games would make completing certain titles undesirably trivial.
- Arresting an enemy creature when you have a Dres Renegade in play will no longer result in an enemy Dres Tormenter damaging the Arrested creature.
- High Hrothgar will now trigger for creatures with the same Power and Health, that receive a different Power/Health buff on summon (for example, playing a Nord Firebrand with a High Hrothgar and Bruma Armorer in play will result in a 3/3 Nord Firebrand).
- Move in Shadows was previously failing to move a creature back at the end of turn if it first moved to fill a lane, but it was moving a creature at the end of turn even if that creature had left play. Both of those are fixed.
- When you steal a creature into a full lane, the creature moves into your other lane. That now counts as moving for the purposes of cards like Caravan Enforcer.
- When you give Cover to a creature wearing an Embassy Disguise that has already lost its Disguise Cover, it will now lose Cover normally at the start of your turn.
- Pure-Blood Elder’s buff now correctly updates based on its new owner’s max magicka when it is stolen.
- Shadowmere was previously functionally (but not visually) retaining Keyword buffs through death.
- Chanter of Akatosh will now trigger even when both lanes are full, if the action played results in a lane not being full.
- Lay Down Arms previously had weird interactions with temporary buffs. Now it removes any temporary buffs on the creature it’s played on.
- When a creature transforms into a Hist Speaker, Summerset Shieldmage, Orc Clan Captain, Snowy Sabre Cat, or Covenant Marauder, it now correctly gets its static ability. When a Dragon Priest Mask is played on one of these creatures, it now correctly does not gain another instance of its static ability.
- When Alduin’s summon ability kills a friendly Lucien Lachance and enemy creatures, Alduin now gets appropriately buffed by Lucien for Slaying.
- Cards drawn from Blackmail now correctly trigger “when you draw” effects, such as Thieves Guild Fence.